You are here

Diabetic Shoes

For people with diabetes, an uncomfortable shoe can lead to more serious medical conditions including blisters, ulcers and ultimately amputations. Neuropathy, a loss of sensation in the foot, is a common complication of diabetes and can accelerate foot problems by masking the irritations of poorly fitted shoes. 

Medicare benefits include one pair of shoes with 3 insoles per year. Orthofeet shoes meet Medicare requirements for those with a diabetes diagnosis. Please come in and visit with our trained fitters to make an appointment. All that is required is a diagnosis of diabetes and a prescription from your physician. We take care of the required paperwork and billing. If you are covered, Medicare pays for 80% of the cost of the shoes and insoles less your annual deductible. Your supplement may pay for the remaining 20%.

Orthofeet manufactures advanced footwear, biomechanically designed to meet the needs of adults with limited mobility and those vulnerable to medical foot conditions. 

Armed with decades of expertise in foot biomechanics, Orthofeet designers are dedicated to providing an extraordinary wearing experience. The company pioneered many features to provide protective support, cushioning, ease of mobility and unsurpassed comfort.

  • Orthotic Friendly Design enhances function of orthotics
  • Ergonomic Soles help cushion the foot, propel body forward
  • Performance Inlays including customizable options
  • Protective Lining with super-comfortable seamless design
  • Non-Binding Upper Construction to avoid pressure points
  • Removable Spacers for a perfect fit